This document sets out the Terms and Conditions of your Salomon Freeski Grom Camp booking. Your booking with us shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and is subject to the jurisdiction of the United Kingdom Courts.
In these Conditions, "you" and "your" means any and all persons using this website. "We", "us" and "our" means 'Grom Camps', 'Pat Sharples', 'employees of Grom Camps' and 'Salomon GB'.
We recommend that before completing the online booking form you check our website for the most up-to-date information. Confirmed bookings can only be made on-line and once your booking is confirmed by e-mail a definite contract exists between us and all these terms and conditions become binding on us both. If any part of the terms and conditions proves to be invalid or unenforceable, the rest of the terms and conditions will remain valid.
Our contract with you is made when a completed booking form is submitted and accepted. You will receive an email to say that we have received your booking and if we accept your booking we will reserve your place on the camp and send you a confirmation email. By making a booking for the grom camps you have accepted our Terms and Conditions. We regret we cannot reserve places without a completed booking form.
Places are strictly limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. We cannot accept any more participants once these places have been fully allocated.
When completing a booking form please pay particular attention to the following:
Next of Kin telephone number:
In the instance that you are injured and are taken to hospital, it will not be possible for one of the coaches to accompany you. We therefore suggest that your parent or guardian remains close by in case of emergency and that we have a mobile telephone number for them if they do not intend to stay at the location of the camp - it is your responsibility to ensure that this part of the booking form is accurate.
Other information/ medical conditions:
We must be notified of any individual whose health may be affected due to taking part in the camp, e.g. Asthma or epilepsy.
Data Protection / Marketing
The person making the on-line booking guarantees payment to us of the total cost of the camp booked, payable to Pat Sharples in cash or cheque on the day of the camp (in the case of camps at dry ski slopes) or payable to the hosting ski slope (in the case of indoor ski slopes) unless otherwise indicated.
Our Prices Include:
- Ski slope fees
- Coaching costs
Our Prices do not Include:
- Insurance - you are responsible for providing your own insurance that covers you for freestyle skiing at indoor/outdoor ski slopes.
- Ski hire
- Travel arrangements
Cancellations by you
Should you need to cancel your booking, you should put this in writing (by email or post) to arrive with us no less than 24 hours before the camp. If you do not show up to the camp or cancel less than 24 hours before the camp you may be charged a cancellation fee.
Cancellation by us
We aim to avoid making changes to your booking that would cause disruption or alteration to the camp. However changes/amendments to bookings can be made at our discretion. No compensation will be offered for any minor changes made.
In the event we have to make major changes (such as the dates of the camp being altered by more than 24 hours or that the camp is entirely cancelled), all customers affected will be offered the option of:
- a full refund (if payment has already been received) or…
- an alternative camp of equivalent value and description.
We cannot be held responsible for any costs incurred in the event of cancellation and recommend you take travel insurance to cover this.
You must take out insurance providing adequate cover for freestyle ski training. It is your responsibility to obtain valid insurance for the camps, that should be specifically tailored to the activity - including freestyle ski training on UK indoor and/or outdoor ski slopes, including cover for inverted tricks where necessary.
Our staff are not qualified to advise you in detail about insurance cover and any specific queries should be addressed to an insurance broker.
Right of Refusal
We expressly reserve the right at our absolute discretion to prevent you from participating in any aspect of the camp if, in the reasonable opinion of our staff,
- you are unsuited to participate
- you appear to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- your behaviour is such that it is likely to cause distress, danger, damage, or annoyance to other customers, employees, property or to any third party.
Under these circumstances no refund or other compensation will be due and we will have no further responsibility or liability to you.
Your safety and enjoyment are our prime concern. We want to ensure that you have as much fun as possible in a safe environment. Therefore all participants must wear the following (to be provided by themselves or rented directly from the slope if available):
- head protection (absolutely compulsory - no exceptions)
- waterproof and warm clothing with long sleeves and long trousers.
- Tough gloves or mitts - not woollen or finger-less gloves
Correct clothing is still essential during the warmer summer months. In order to maintain safety we reserve the right to prevent you from participating if, in our opinion, you are not suitably clothed.
For safety reasons you must also be able to control your speed and direction, stop and use lifts unassisted. If you are deemed by us not to be of the required standard, you will be asked to leave the slope and no refund will be given.
You must familiarise yourself with, and abide by, the relevant Slopes Code of Conduct.
In addition to this you must abide by the Salomon Freeski Grom Camp code of conduct. When on the slope you must:
- Respect all other slope users.
- Control your speed.
- Always give way to skiers/riders below and choose a route past as to not endanger or alarm them.
- Leave plenty of space when overtaking.
- Look up and down the slope before starting or entering the slope.
- Always stop in a clear and visible place or, preferably, at the side of the slope.
- When climbing up or down the slope, always keep to the side.
- Respect all signage.
- In the event of an accident everybody is duty bound to assist and witnesses must provide relevant information regarding any accident.
If you have a problem with any aspect of the camp please inform us and we will endeavour to put things right. If you do not inform us of your complaint immediately the problem occurs we may not be able to investigate and address it, in this case we reserve the right not to deal with it. Liability
We promise to make sure that all parts of the camp that we have agreed to arrange as part of our contract are provided to a reasonable standard and in accordance with that contract. However, please note that we will not be liable for any injury, illness, death or consequent losses suffered by you or any member of your party unless you are able to prove that such injury, illness, death or consequent loss was caused by a lack of reasonable care and skill on the part of ourselves or our suppliers.
And in all claims of whatever nature we will not be liable where the alleged loss or damage results from any of the following.
- (a) the fault of the person(s) affected or any member(s) of their party or
- (b) the fault of a third party not connected with the camp which we could not have predicted or avoided or
- (c) an event or circumstances which we or the supplier of the service(s) in question could not have predicted or avoided even after taking all reasonable care (see Force Majeure).
- (d) the fault of anyone who was not carrying out work for us at the time. In addition, we will not be responsible where you do not enjoy your camp or suffer any problems due to something you did not tell us about when you booked and where the problems you suffered did not result from any breach of our contract or other fault of ourselves, our suppliers or agents. We shall not be responsible for any loss, theft or damage to valuables or any personal property that belongs to any guest whilst on a Salomon Freeski Grom Camp.
We can not be held responsible for cancellations or curtailment caused by reason of war or threat of war, riots, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, natural and nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, and all events beyond our control. Nor can we accept responsibility where the performance or prompt performance of our contract with you is prevented or affected as a result of such circumstances beyond our control.
Online Brochure Accuracy
Whilst we endeavour to keep the website true and accurate, the pages contained on this website may contain technical inaccuracies and typographical errors. The information on these pages may be updated from time to time and may at times be out of date. We accept no responsibility for keeping the information on these pages up to date or liability for failure to do so. You must ensure you check all details of your chosen camp (including the price) at the time of booking.
This website may contain links to other websites. Except where they belong to us, such other websites are not under our control or maintained by us. We are not responsible for the content of such websites. We provide these links for your convenience only but do not monitor or endorse the material on them. We cannot accept any liability whatsoever and howsoever arising in relation to any such other websites (including, for the avoidance of doubt and not by way of limitation, any inability to access or delay in accessing any such other website) or in relation to any material or information appearing on them.
We make no warranty that this website (or any websites that are linked to this website) is free from computer viruses or any other malicious or impairing computer programs.
We recommend you print out and keep a copy of them for your future reference. If you do not wish to accept any part of them, you must not use our website. Revised 30 July 2008